Code.org - Anybody can learn
About UsCode.org is a non-profit dedicated to growing computer science education by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented students of color. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer programming. We believe computer science should be part of the core curriculum in education, alongside other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) courses, such as biology, physics, chemistry and algebra.
Our goals include:
- Bringing Computer Science classes to every K-12 school in the United States, especially in urban and rural neighborhoods.
- Demonstrating the successful use of online curriculum in public school classrooms
- Changing policies in all 50 states to categorize C.S. as part of the math/science "core" curriculum
- Harnessing the collective power of the tech community to celebrate and grow C.S. education worldwide
- To increase the representation of women and students of color in the field of Computer Science.
Autor / Fonte:Code.org